Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the hunger don't get fed or the desperate don't get fed?

It's been quite a while since I don't post in here but here goes a fresh entry.

There's an idea in the community that has been bothering me since quite a while, it's is as the title suggest the saying "the hunger don't get fed". I believe this concept has been misunderstood and has created a lot of confusion.
Why? because I feel guys take that concept too far and believe that showing interest in a woman comes under the category of "showing your hunger" so they come up with a lot of strategies to approach the girl in a way that it doesn't looks like they're interested in her. (namely preselection, social proof, indirect openers etc...) 
The examples are abundant, I believe everyone in the community has heard about these sneaky ways to approach a woman "under the radar" without showing your interest. 
however I must say that however you approach you're still showing interest! Why would you approach her otherwise? no matter how you try to hide it, making an approach is showing interest (hiding just makes you approval seeking) and it isn't bad at all, quite the contrary, girls love to be approached and if she reciprocates interest you're off to the races! 
guys tend to think that showing interest first makes them look desperate, but it's not, it actually shows you have the guts to to go up and state your intentions to a girl, in other words that you aren't afraid of leading and taking risks. 
Now if you show too much interest and she hasn't been doing much to earn it then we're going into the terrain of desperation,I'd define desperation as showing too much interest while she doesn't reciprocate.
This is what the saying deals about but somehow it's been deformed and expanded to an unrealistic level.
I just want to finish this post by suggesting we change the saying "the hunger don't get fed" to "the desperate don't get fed" that way you're free to show your intent as long as she reciprocates and works to keep getting it.
Anyone who knows a bit about Juggler method can relate easily this to Reward & Relate (R&R) but notice how I'm just emphasizing on the Reward, you reward her for reciprocating interest by increasing yours and eventually escalating.




I hope this results helpful to those of you that waist too many time, opening lots of sets to show preselection or social proof before opening your target(s) so you don't show interest (I'm not saying these are useless but I do believe they're not necessary), or those of you who start indirect, do some negging and then have to work way more time rebuilding  a connection with the girl.


I also have my doubts about preselection fully working , I mean I seriously question that a particular set will notice how you open lots of other sets (they've got a life too and they're doing they're own thing) before you open it. But that's a topic for another time, I'll have to leave it as a debate.
Now if you want to do some practice before opening your true target that's another story and I have nothing against it.


Stay safe and don't forget to leave your comments.


Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment