Monday, June 15, 2009

Better interactions

It's been a while now since I've been into CA and I can tell I'm way happier now. My interactions are way smoother, I get opened by people and when we're talking they often try to qualify to me and they listen closely to what I say.

For example yesterday after working out I met with a friend of mine who happened to be with two other guys, in my AFC days I would have been too scared to start conversation wit them now it was easier, I won't say it was natural I still far away of it but I could still ask little thinks like "where are you studying?" and "how long have you been on it?" and take the conversation from there on.
Back to the topic there's a guy with whom I have become friends, and even waited for me since I had to do another thing before meeting them again for dinner.
In dinner we played a dice game and even more people joined us, I had a smoke with one of them, then we talk a bit more before they all leave, living me and my new friend that chose to stay with me while I was waiting for a pal to bring my car back since he had taken it earlier.
We then joined another table with people he knew, all of them lawyers and economists students, so we had a nice time talking about it since I'm quitting economics and going to law.
I made a couple of extra friends and they all study in my college, nice!

Then there's the interactions I had today, I had a group work with 9 more people, so we met at the university and had lunch before getting to work, I talked mostly to the leader of the group, he then asked me a lot of things and we were the center of conversation, the only girl that was there laughed at many of my comments, and others did too actually, I find Juggler's idea so true, you aren't funny by trying to be funny but by being on the moment and having fun, funny just starts popping out without me even trying.
Overall it was a good week end and I find my conversation skills are improving, I'm pretty happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment